Quick and Easy
Salmon Cucumber Rolls
I use this recipe for a quick snack, low-carb meal, or appetizer when entertaining paleo style! You can’t really do it wrong, it always turns out delicious, even if it is simple! It’s gluten free, and you *can* make it dairy free by omitting or substituting the single dairy ingredient.
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Pack of Wild Smoked Salmon
- Capers, Dill, and Lemon
- Optional: Crème fraîche (I suppose you could try a Vegenaise product/flavor!)
- Using a mandoline or knife, slice the cucumber length wise, very thin.
- Lightly spread Crème fraîche (if desired) onto the cucumber slice.
- Sprinkle dill on top.
- Layer on one salmon slice thick.
- Roll evenly, and add capers, allowing them to “sit” on top, and inside. (see picture).
- Lastly, SQUEEZE the lemon over all! This makes ALL the difference!