Try this for your next Thanksgiving Gluten Free Get together! I love the change of season… especially from hot to cool(er). Even if it is still 100 degrees where I live- in the middle of September (yuck), I can’t help but be inspired by my Fall favorites, especially Pumpkin! 🙂
Paleo Pumpkin Bread
a) 1 Cup Ground Almond Flour
b) ¼ Cup Coconut Flour
c) 1 ½ tsp Baking Soda
d) ½ tsp Baking Powder
e) ½ Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
f) 2 tsp Cinnamon
g) ¼ tsp Nutmeg
h) ½ tsp sea salt
i) 1 cup Pumpkin Puree (approx. ½ can)
j) 4 eggs
k) 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (gluten free, organic is best)
l) 1 medium Ripe Banana (additional maple syrup if desired)
m) ¼ Cup Extra-virgin Coconut Oil
n) 1-2+ Tbsp Unsweetened Almond or Coconut Milk
o) Coconut oil spray or rub to grease your loaf pan
p) Optional: ½ Cup pecans, walnuts, raisins, sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, etc
- Grease a 9×5 Loaf Pan.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine your dry ingredients- A-H, in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, cream together your wet ingredients, including banana (ingredients I-N).
- Add the dry to the wet, slowly combining until smooth.
- Add in your options now (see “P” on ingredient list).
- Pour into your greased pan. Sprinkle loaf with ¼ tsp cinnamon.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Slice while warm and enjoy with homemade pumpkin, apple, or nut butter!
NOTE: Depending on your banana and pumpkin puree, you may need less or more almond milk to create a creamy, but not watery consistency.
P.S. Experiment with other squashes for your pumpkin bread too, like butternut or acorn!