Warm Kale with Tahini Sauce
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 large leeks, white part sliced
- 2-3 tbsp umeboshi vinegar
- 1 large bunch kale, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup tahini
1) Heat a large wok. Warm up your oil then add leeks, umeboshi vinegar, and garlic.
Saute for approximately one minute.
2) Next, Add kale and water. Stir until kale is bright green, and as soft as you prefer.
3) Add the tahini. Stir in the tahini until the sauce is creamy.
Eat alone as a side dish! I love to eat this kale dish with lemon-squeezed salmon, or mix the kale-tahini dish with quinoa for a vegan option.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF UMEBOSHI:
The word “umeboshi” is often translated into English as “Japanese salt plums”. More closely related to the apricot however.
It has been told that Japanese pickled plums have remarkable medicinal qualities. Their powerful acidity has a paradoxical alkalinizing effect on the body, neutralizing fatigue, stimulating the digestion, and promoting the elimination of toxins.
CLICK HERE to Download a Printable PDF of this recipe!